Monday, July 27, 2009

Late late


First I’m sorry I have neglected updating my blog. Considering how dry it’s been the last few months I’m almost certainly writing to myself ha ha, oh well. API (phase II) was quite the experience. I’ve never studied so hard or consistently scored as high on exams. However I still scored just slightly above average which by the end was more comical than frustrating. Now I’m in Primary (phase III), we rotate between being in the classroom, practicing in the simulators and flying the aircraft. So far it’s less work than API but I still don’t have time for much else which is murder on my beach time =).

My non-military life is good too. I keep putting effort towards my civilian friends both because they are amazing people and because I need to balance my life. What do I mean by balance? As much as I love my job and my military friends, too much of something I enjoy is still too much. I can’t get used to speaking aviation. What do I mean? “I was feet wet with joker fuel near pickens gate and my oil PX light came on. But I just knocked it off, hit base key for final and was fine. My IP was impressed.” Looks like English but might as well be French. Radio calls are worse.

Also my special lady friend Kim has visited me twice since my last post. Thankfully I was in-between phases both visits and was able to spend a lot of good time with her. She took a job in Jacksonville (about a 5 ½ hour drive) and we’re both pretty excited for her to be so close. And the last interesting news is my church band/choir director asked me to cantor for mass last Sunday, so I did. I had a great time; hopefully everyone didn’t get tortured too much at my expense. Poor Kim had to sit through it ha ha, she’s a good sport.

There are new things to tell everyday and too much now for me to go back and explain them all. So I’ll try to keep my updating more frequent.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on phase II! I think you are definitely doing it right, too much of even a good thing can be bad.

    Eventhough it has been a while you are quite writing to just yourself yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete